jezbo wrote:
> On the Hierarchical view though it's under the user's control - if By
> Artist is in your hierarchy then you can select "Various Artists" in the
> tree (not necessarily the last in the list, so there is a slight
> inconsistency there) you then have the "Albums Sorted By" option on the
> right, so you can sort by whatever you want.

At last :-) Now I know how to find all my albums. Thanks.
If you don't mind - I'd like to continue to ask questions - and this is
not because I mean to be critical - quite the contrary - I'm a true
believer now. It's only because I'm enthusiastic and wish to give you
feedback so that you can decide wether or not my input can improve
Muso.
The enclosed screencap shows how I found my "Various Artists" albums
(708 in all), thanks to your guidance. But it was not intuitive and
straight forward. My expectations were to be able to click on the letter
'V' in the main gallery browser view and scroll down to find "Various
Artists" albums listed under 'V'.
Now I understand this is a result of your interpretation of the term
"Artist" as being song Artist and not "Album Artist". However, is this
consistant? If I choose Hierarchy Artist view (as shown in the
attachement), it seems that in this list, "Artist" is suddenly
interpreted as "Album Artist" (since Various Artists albums are actually
is found in the list).
I'd like to be able to distinctively choose wheter to have lists,
browser-views etc show Artist or Album Artist. Inconsistancy here
initially confused me a lot and led me to believe that Muso had failed
to collect all my albums. Do you agree?
You have a sort choice named Size (?) - I'd like to sacrifice Size (as I
do not understand what is means) and instead have a choice between
Artist and Album Artist.

Rgds
Viking
14213

|Filename: capture.jpg                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14213|