Mnyb wrote:
> Second track,issue ? Is that the seed song does not actually play when
> you start a mix ? I think I've seen that behaviour , I'll try more when
> I get home .
>
> I want to hear the seed song , here is why , I'm listening to a song and
> think " it would be cool with a mix from that " .

No, that's not what I was calling the 'second song issue'.  I'm not
suggesting it is widespread at all, but in my case Smartmix often seems
to generate a playlist of five or six tracks of which the first (and
some others) seems unplayable.  Typically though I can't reproduce this
this morning.  The best I can suggest at the moment is that maybe some
of the Spotify tracks the plugin queues up don't play properly through
Triode's Spotify plugin, either because of region restrictions (but I
think he already fixed that) or maybe because the track is being served
up from a server that has network latency issues when streaming to me in
the UK - maybe it's not coming from the same server it would if I used
the Spotify plugin directly.  I have no idea whether that theory is
plausible or not.  And this 'second song' issue seems to disappear if I
remove 'Spotify' from the list of music sources that Smartmix can use.

However, I agree with your use case.  I'd like my Smartmixes to start
with the song I first thought of, ie the seed song.  I believe this
could be achieved using the functionality I suggested earlier.  If,
instead of clearing the current playlist and loading a Smartmix, the
Smartmix links had the usual 'play', 'play next', 'add' buttons, then
you could start your seed song playing, click on it to get to the '<this
song> Smartmix' link, then 'add' that link to the current playlist.