Maybe a little too much artists repetition but I guess when you base a
mix on an artist that is to be expected.  I just like the "do not repeat
artists for x tracks" option in Spicefly Sugarcube I guess.  But the

You can control the variety of an artist mix from the SmartMix Options menu. The range goes from "artist only" to "mostly others".

The only thing that would worry me is funding for Echonest.  It's a
massive platform.  They seem to be offering a lot for nothing in return?
Did you have to pay for your API access?  I see some big companies on
their blurb and a lot of venture capitalists?  MusicIP started off like
this before the money ran out?

TEN is a commercial service, being used (and paid) by Spotify, Deezer and the like. They do offer free keys (which I'm using). But these are severely limited in the number of requests per minute allowed. There has been some discussion about this in this thread. I did not implement a few features I'd like to see, simply because they would generate too many requests, killing the overall experience. Sure, this still doesn't scale for a large number of users. But right now we still seem to be in an acceptable range... Just don't let this plugin become too popular ;-).

--

Michael