slackhead and ralphpnj, thank you for the Muso suggestion. I have
watched the evolution of this impressive software for a while now and
tried it once or twice, however it does not suit the way I control LMS.
In my house LMS runs on a low power PC under the TV, the PC also
providing TV recording, video and DVD playback. LMS plays music
exclusively from its local library and uses SugarCube to continue
playing after starting with either an album or track.
LMS is started  by Orange Squeeze on a Nexus or the LMS gui on my laptop
in the study. I normally leave a window open on the SugarCube Live View
so that little tweaks can be made to the playlist - usually adding
tracks suggested by MIP that SugarCube has not queued up.
The original reason for my first post in this thread was to identify a
plugin that displayed the extra scanned images and then to suggest to
the tablet developers that they should leverage the work done to display
the images on their tablet applications.