@Michael

OK, two more pieces of information:
When iPeng requests tracks for an album, it uses a details set of
"altedio"
Sort is "tracknum"
Parameter are the album_id (when going through "Albums") plus the
artist_id (when browsing an artist)

The one thing I could potentially change is that I could omit the artist
from the parameter list when browsing an album but since I can't see
albums where this is different in the web UI I don't know what effect it
has and I'm a bit afraid it might have negative side effects.
In any case it's the only thing where I see a difference between the two
browse hierarchies but then the artist_id shouldn't have an effect on
the formatting of the track's artist name, right? After all, in this
case this should be the ALBUMARTIST, not the artist.

@flimflam

I know. The point was: except for "Various Artists" this is also exactly
how it looks in the Web interface for me.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
*New: Logitech UE Smart Radio* as well as iPeng Party, the free
Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com