bpa wrote:
> For non UK listeners - the BBC have been playing around with stream
> format recently (at least in last 3 months).
>
> For BBC Devon only Flash/AAC is now available (WMA and AAC used to be
> available)
> the mtis is

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  > <mediaSelection xmlns="http://bbc.co.uk/2008/mp/mediaselection";>
  > <!--This code and data form part of the BBC iPlayer content protection
system. Tampering with, removal of, misuse of, or unauthorised use of this code
or data constitutes circumvention of the BBC's content protection measures and
may result in legal action. BBC (C) 2012.-->
  > <media bitrate="32" encoding="aac" kind="audio"
service="pc_stream_audio_simulcast_nonuk_a_lm_p004" type="audio/mp4">
  > <connection application="live" authExpires="2013-07-27T15:23:44+00:00"
authString="auth=daEdVcJdhbKb1cWaZbCcPdpbZbpanb4aIdQ-br88WW-bWG-IpqGHoCoIDvEoxK&amp;aifp=v001&amp;slist=lrdevon@13493"
 identifier="lrdevon@13493" kind="akamai" priority="10" protocol="rtmp"
server="cp80234.live.edgefcs.net" supplier="akamai"/>

--------------------

> However when trying to play this sttaion the iPlayer generates the
> "Plugins::BBCiPlayer::RTMP::processRTMP (1004) don't support channels
> > 63" error.
>
> Might be unrelated  but I noticed this error when BBC enabled high def
> Flash/AAC for non UK users on R3. This worked ok in a browser bit the
> "channels >63" error occured in BBCiPlayer. However something change
> in early july and BBCiPlayer can now play HD R3 Flash/AAC for non UK.
> So I think the "channels > 63" is some Flash settings/protocol option
> that BBCiPlayer may not be implementing.
>

> edit:
>
> Radio devon in WMA still works using
> http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/bbcdevon.asx URL

Channel > 63 is a warning from my code that the server is using a non
implemented feature (an rtmp channel number greater than 63).  If you
always get this then I will need to look to see if I can implement the
additional complexity needed to support this...