Well, the problem is not the app itself, it works with the Logitech
builds.
The problem is within Synologys build of LMS where they've screwed up
the HTTP Header.
A Http Header should end with a CRLF, but Synology for some reason only
returns a CR.
This is the only software on Synology devices that does this that I've
come across and I'm hoping that they will fix it. The other softwares
such as the DLNA client returns a correct Header.

Previously, this header-error didn't matter but since Windows 8 and the
WinRT API's for Windows Store unsafe header-parsing is no longer allowed
as it's a potential security flaw.
Writing my own HTTP transport via sockets would take forever and for
Synology to fix their screwup would take 5 min so I kind of hope they'll
fix it.

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=65743&p=250293&hilit=crlf+squeezebox#p250293

The more people that post complaints to Synology, the faster this fix
will happen.
Complain on their forum, fill in a support request, call them etc..