donmatter wrote:
> I do beg your pardon, what I should have said is that the BBC IPlayer
> from a computer as of the last two or three days requires a pass-worded
> logon

I don't understand where you see this BBC password.  I can use BBC
IPlayer from a computer (web browser) without a password.  There is an
optional login to enable you customise the interface but it is not
required.  My BBCiPlayerExtra plugin uses the web interface and other
feeds and does not require any login.  Triode's plugin uses a special
BBC XML data feed to get program info.

IIRC Triode spent time and looked at the JazzFM logon issue and had some
contact with them and concluded JazzFM's current logon method cannot be
automated. The issue was left with JazzFM to change their logon method
to enable automated logons.