mherger wrote:

> In order to get an artist picture, just open

Code:
--------------------
  >   > http://yourserver:9000/imageproxy/mai/artist/[artist_id]/image.png
--------------------

> image.png can be replaced with resizing parameters, like eg.
> image_100x100_o
>
> If you prefer to get the raw image URL from the external source
> (currently last.fm), you can use the CLI:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > musicartistinfo artistphoto artist:elvis
  > musicartistinfo artistphoto artist%3Aelvis
url%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fuserserve-ak.last.fm%2Fserve%2F_%2F2926012%2FElvis%2BPresley%2Bfolder.jpg

--------------------

> You can use both "artist:[artist name]" as well as
> "artist_id:[artist_id]" parameters to get the artwork.

Just thinking out loud, would it somehow be possible to use this also
for online services which doesn't provide artist images by themselves ?

For example in Triode's Spotify plugin ?

Can a third party plugin just issue a call to "musicartistinfo
artistphoto artist:elvis" even if there is no Elvis music in the local
library ?
What about the url scheme, is there any way to request an artist image
using a url based on an artist name (instead of artist id) ?

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.