Mnyb wrote:

> Stop .

Boah... I already find the Squeezebox state model overly complex even
with what iPeng supports now. If this was my design it would only have
"play" and "pause" like Sonos. No "stop", no "power". Just causes
complexity and confusion.
Yes, it's flexible and I'm sure you can attach dozens of actions based
on a complex rule set to all of these states but no normal user will be
able to distinguish them let alone understand what happens with all
these states in cases like synchronization (the "power" state is one
thing that makes sync-groups so unfeasible for Squeezeboxes - too many
states to decide on).

All these things players can do based on these different states would be
better solved by applying common sense and logic within the player. For
example, you could power down an amp when a track is paused for more
than two minutes or so and you could revert to the start of the track
simply by pressing "back" if you need to; pre-filling buffer is also a
technical detail that should be solved by the player based on the
current state.

/rant

So, as you can see I'm going to be dogmatic here :) It adds confusion
and complexity and there is rarely ever a need for it and if you really
need it you can use "power". Powering off a device makes it transition
to "stop" state, not "pause".
If you just want to return to the start of the track you can press
"back".

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
*New: Logitech UE Smart Radio* as well as iPeng Party, the free
Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com