Same version The scans are just hours apart .

Re cover art , the cover art folder is not used there is nothing in it ,
so the plugin must still have them in the cache ?

If the file isn't stored, how do you compare timestamps? Yes, the cache is kept around between scans.

If you have a defined artwork folder for the artist this will survive
upgrades etc .
Then I could replace No Artist picture once and be done .

Yes. I'd strongly suggest using that folder option.

Could we also have the plugin looking for the generic picture for when
it can't find any (the man with the horn) in this folder ?

Sounds like a nice idea. Eg. let the plugin pick the "generic.jpg" file from that folder if available?

Default the plugin could simply place a copy of mr trumpet there and the
user could then replace it .

Noted. Thanks for a good idea!

My plan is to use a transparent picture with nothing on it instead . The
artist name is still there and I think the most neutral is simply to see
the background instead of any picture at all.

Up to you. Long live spacer.gif :-)

--

Michael