esa wrote:

> 2) I follow your procedure. But in the first time, I don't restore the
> backup and the end as for the test I prefer to have all stat
>
> deleted.
>
> 3) I check the trackstat (Last played song) and it should be cleaned but
> it's not the case. I can see a list that contains a wrong list
>
> of "last song played".Not important at this step.

It's not cleared because TrackStat will pick up standard LMS information
about when a song was played last.

esa wrote:

> 3) I play the same song as before : UB40 - Cherry Oh Baby.
> Now, it's working. I see only one song : see "trackstat3.jpg"
>
> 4) I reanable the MusicBrainz parameter. I play the same song  "UB40 -
> Cherry Oh Baby"
> Now, it appears 3 times (corresponding to the 3 files in my Music
> Folder) : trackstat4.jpg. That's OK!

Sounds like the problem is related to musicbrainz so you probably need
to have that disabled in TrackStat settings.

esa wrote:

> 6) Then I do the following test because I'm busy to TAG my songs and I
> certainly do something wrongly.
>
> 6.1) I rename the parent folder containing the UB40 songs to UB40-v2 (I
> move the files after MusicBrainz TAG)
> 6.2) I do a "Clear Library and rescan everything". In TrackStat setting
> "Rescan refresh" is enabled.
> 6.3) I don't play the song "UB40 - Cherry Oh Baby."
> 6.4) Check "last played song" and I see that I have a different behavior
> : see trackstat5.jpg. Now the song is showed 5 times.
> 6.5) When I check with Mp3Tag : I see that this song is only 3 times on
> the server : trackstat6.jpg

This is what happens when Musicbrainz has been enabled in TrackStat and
you have duplicate songs in your library. Every time TrackStat performs
a refresh you will get additional duplicate entries in the TrackStat
data.

esa wrote:

> It seems that when a song is present only one time, I don't have
> duplication, but when a song is present more than one time, each time I
> play it, I have an increasing duplication in the list.

Exactly, the issue is when you have multiple instances of the same song
on different albums, in this case you will get duplicates and the
duplicates will multiply every time TrackStat executes its Refresh
operation. For it to work properly you need to follow the procedure I
listed in my previous post:
1. Make a TrackStat backup, see "Backup statistics before
upgrade/reinstall" section of TrackStat documentation:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...de.2FReinstall
2. Disable musicbrainz tags in TrackStat settings page
3. Perform a full rescan, clear all TrackStat data and restore the
backup from point 1, see "Restore statistics after upgrade/reinstall"
secton of TrackStat documentation:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...de.2FReinstall

In point 3, you don't have to restore the backup if you want to start
fresh, but it's important to perform the rescan and clear all TrackStat
data because else the duplicates won't be removed.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.