Thank you for your comments. I do not have much expirience with neither
Squeezebox Plugin Programming nor Perl and since you two seem to have
quite some reputation in those fields, this is very helpful.

Bundling binaries seems to be a good idea, but I can only build them for
Linux x86 and Linux x64. I have never used any other platform as
Squeezebox Server. I can see that in Triode's plugin there is an arm
binary (probably for all the NAS boxes). Do you have a list of
architectures that I should consider? There is probably Windows and
maybe even MIPS???

You will probably need to install the avahi daemon and then some perl
modules:

IO::Socket::INET6
Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA
Net::SDP

Is there a way to package those modules with my plugin? It looks like
there is already lots of perl library stuff bundled with the Squeezebox
Server in it's CPAN directory...

Let me know if you have trouble compiling.

And one more question: Is there a better way to flush as Client's audio
buffer than stopping it and then having it reconnect to the source? I'd
need to do the flush as fast as possible to get good results when the
user is changing songs at the AirPlay client.

Regards,

DSTMK