excalibur wrote:

> Is there an easier way to shoot the SQL to the DB other than going via
> your plugin in SBSs web-GUI? (something that can be scripted)?

You could probably use the CSV link from Database Query plugin directly
from a script to retrieve the result if you like to.

Except for this, it might be possible to run a script directly towards
the database if the script have a SQLite databas access function, but I
would personally not recommend to access it from outside LMS, especially
if you need data both from tracks and track_statistics tables since they
are stored in different .db files. It's usually a lot easier to do it
from a plugin which runs inside LMS and just offer a URL or CLI/JSON
command that expose the data.

I'm not sure if the PostScan plugin might be useful in this context:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79778-Announce-PostScan-plugin-BETA
It can run a SQL script after each rescan as I've understood it. Since
you need the url to file conversion it might not work for you but maybe
it can be a good starting point for a new plugin that does what you
want.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.