It's driving me crazy because I feel it must be something small, and I
feel like a moron. Thank you for your patience.

My goal is to have an actual alphabetical sorted list of all artists (so
a list of playlists sorted by name) _on_my_Squeezebox__.

What happened is this:

I searched for artists on Qobuz, selected the albums and made a playlist
for each album. Each playlist has the name of the artist and the name of
the album. I did this around 150 times now. So I have 150 playlists. In
Qobuz I select to sort the playlists in alphabetical order (sort by
name). Then it took 2-3 days for LMS to synchronize and sort the list by
name. When it happened, I was happy but puzzled. Why after 2-3 days?

After synchronizing I added more playlists (one artist+album = one
playlist) and a strange thing happens: the newly ones were put on top of
the list. As you can see in the printscreen yesterday. The last one I
added is Half Moon. But I do not want to see Half Moon on top of the
list, but in alphabetical order (by name), somewhere down below in the
list around H.

While I am writing this post, synchronization found place again, now
after 2 days since the previous synchronization:

[image: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5527/h4ux.png]

You can see  they are sorted by name now. You can also see the
difference with the first printscreen from yesterday, where newly added
playlists where placed on top of the list of playlists (sorted by
placing)

So now my question is: what is happening? Why is the list of playlists
in LMS (and thus on the SQBT) sorted once in 2 or 3 days? Can I do this
manually?

You suggested to add artists to my favorites:

I did this, and when I open favorites on the SQBT, the albums are
presented in order of putting them into the list. So not by name. Please
see the printscreen:

[image: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8063/vzon.png]

The list in LMS is the same is on the SQBT.

This will be a mess when I add another 500 artists and albums. So when
they are not put in alphabetical order, it is impossible to find the
artist/album on the SQBT with using the way you suggested? Or maybe I am
still doing something wrong.