Erland
I have tried an Alpha version of Ubuntu 14.04 with LMS (latest 7.8
nightly) on a Live USB  and was able to playback music over wireless to
my SB Radio and access and use web interface, leading me to conclude
(hopefully) that it will work without issue when 14.04 comes out stable
in april. Is it reasonable to think that your plugins and applets will
also work with 14.04?

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.0 - 1386246861 @ Fri Dec  6 19:06:27
PST 2013
                                                Operating system: Debian - EN -
utf8
                        Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
                        Perl Version: 5.14.2 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
                        Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
One SB Touch connected by ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm
4.1 speakers
One SB Boom wireless
One SB Radio wireless