All of a sudden, enable/disable menus isn't working right anymore.

-  I can no longer remove CustomBrowse menus from the home screen.
  Even though the undesired menus are unchecked in Settings'
  Enable/Disable Menu screen, they show up on the home screen (web
  interface, squeezeplay, and iPeng).
-  Even if I delete the CustomBrowse menu (from the Settings' Manage
  Menus screen), that menu remains on the home screen. Of course, it
  doesn't find anything when you click on it.
-  If I attempt to check or uncheck menus in the enable/disable menu
  screen and hit "apply," they revert to their previous settings

Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

Any help deeply appreciated,

Mike