Does it restart or hang? What _excactly_ happens when you find it
restarts.

There could be a problem with accessing some file, do you browse by
music folders?
Or it's related to the artwork scaler, I know that used to crash on some
systems in the past but this really should be fixed in 7.8.

Sorry, I don't have WHS to test this but the log file entries you found
are harmless. iPeng queries for the presence of some plugins and if they
are not present the server throws this message.

Do you still use any 3rd party plugins, especially ones that can cause a
lot of system load like CustomBrowse?
One thing causing similar trouble for me is the old "Random Albums" menu
in CustomBrowse, I believe here it helped to update the menu.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*