>  Nice! I like the clean UI, and its flexibility wrt. window size. Except
>
> that it doesn't show artwork for online radio stations. And that it
> would _always_ stay on top.

I'll add an option that enables you to decide whether you want the
window to stay on top or not.
Considering the artwork for online radio stations, I could just use the
method used in the web UI, but the returned images often have a poor
quality. Maybe there's a better API somewhere out there :)

> First of all: don't use the CLI. To use json/rpc is not only much more
> reliable, but seems the natural choice for anything written in JS! I
> haven't understood yet what Node's role is in this app: are you running
>
> your own web server to interface with LMS' web server?

I've decided to choose the API provided via CLI as it provides real-time
information about your clients' status. For example, if you change the
volume or track on a client, the app will be instantly notified and
represent these changes with as little latency as possible. The Node.JS
part provides a telnet client that is used to connect to the server
control it. Maybe I can keep the CLI part just for the notifications and
do the rest using the JSON/RPC API.

> Why not implement this as a skin in LMS, plus a wrapper around webkit to
> make it standalone?

That's a good idea. I'll see if I can do that.