andypandyswe wrote:
> I just upgraded my Synology DSM to 5.0-4458 after reading your post.
>
> I've filled in:
> Friendly Name: (dont know what this is exactly so I've left it as is:
> SqueezeboxServer
> IP Address: xxx.xxx.x.xx
> port number 9002 (I've checked in settings of squeezebox server)
> and as far as I know I don't use a username/password when connecting
> from my squeezebox players so I've left this empty.
> When i press save I get:
> Verifying Connection
> The server commited a protocol violation. Section=ResponsHeader
> Detail=CR must be followed by RF
>
> This is the same message I got Before the upgrade to 5.0...
> Have they really fixed it? If so, what am I doing wrong???

I'm having problems too. Just updated NAS to DSM5, installed trial and
entered details including user/password. All I have is a black screen
with the Squeeze Remote graphic at the top right and bottom left and
headers 'main menu' and 'bio'.
I cannot swipe to access options and nothing appears to be updating.
Hmmmmmm.
Anyone have any ideas? PerhapsDSM5 does not provide a fix after all?