Hi,

I've had a lot of problems with this plugin (again), always getting the
"no more streams" message. Looking into the issue, I noticed that the
plugin always got a 403 Forbidden response from the Youtube server.
Having a very bad failure rate with this plugin the last year(s) I
decided to have a stab at replacing the innards of it with youtube-dl. I
failed miserably with this, since I'm very weak with perl and the plugin
uses the server code's RemoteStream module to reencode and play the
stream, which makes it really hard to do that kind of hack.

The problem the plugin had was (1) the "signature" query variable had
been renamed to "s" (not that it helped renaming it...), (2) the stream
URLs were all https, which the RemoteStream module doesn't support (I
-tried- to make it support that - I want those hours back! :)), and (3)
one does not simply replace "https" with "http" when talking to
youtube... :p

What I -did- succeed in, was having youtube-dl retrieve the proper
stream URLs, and now the plugin plays music again :) *Here's the patch:
15992.* Please note that you need the Perl IPC::Run
module as well as the youtube-dl application installed for it to work.

|Filename: yt.patch                                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15992|