eduardoo wrote:
> Thanks guys. Actually, I am of course not overly concerned about the
> minimal money required. However, I don't have and generally don't like
> to tie a credit card to my account unless there is something I really
> need or want. Maybe I should try it out after all, or perhaps get a play
> store gift card.
I have Orange Squeeze and the official Logitech app.  My advice?  The
Logitech interface is almost identical to the Duet Controller, so if you
are used to that then you should try out the Logitech app first before
forking out for Orange Squeeze.  If you are more used to Android Apps
generally you would probably prefer Orange Squeeze.

On my phone (Samsung S3 mini) the official Logitech app is actually the
fastest and more responsive of the two by some way.

The more attractive interface is Orange Squeeze, and I like its
integration with SqueezePlayer.  It has a more flexible interface that
is laid out much more like other Android apps.

In practice I use the Logitech App when I need stuff quick and know
where it is, but if listening via the phone's headphone socket or when
browsing music in a more leisurely fashion I will use Orange Squeeze.  I
use the Controller more than both together as it is always standing next
to the player and does not keep turning itself off to save battery.

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Synology DS111 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.7.3 (official
Synology package)
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline