flysurfer wrote:
> Hi slartibartfast,
>
> automounted USB-Disks should appear under "/media/usb" even after
> restart. If you use the desktop environment then you can also mount as
> user odroid and then the mountpoint is little different. UTF-8 should
> also work and the mountpoints of the USB-drives are managed by usbmount
> (program). You can use the "filesystem mount"-tab on the webinterface to
> share the data to other network users via samba OR mount network
> resources (e.g. from a NAS).
>
> XBMC: remote access is enabled by default as you have seen - black
> screen with console may appear if you boot the device and it is NOT
> connected via HDMI (then it is not possible to start the X-Server and
> you have to reboot).
>
> LMS: the max2play-image has some configs from the LMS left on the
> SD-card. There is the radio station in the configs that I used to test
> with - just delete it if you don't like it ;)

Hi,
UTF8 is indeed working now, my problem showed up when I copied the
contents of my old external HDD to a new WD elements external HDD using
windows. When I plugged the new drive into the ODROID and viewed it over
SAMBA accented characters etc showed incorrectly so I assumed the drive
was not mounted with UTF8 compatibility. After deleting all the
incorrectly displayed files and recopying them over the SAMBA share
everything is fine with UTF8.

I think the automount problem may be related to the WD Elements HDD.
Googling this produced lots of results. I can get it mounted again by
unplugging and replugging the usb cable and the ODROID power but I have
not found the optimum sequence for doing this yet. Maybe a Cron job
would solve this since from what I've read manual mounting works when
automounting fails but that is going to take a bit more research as
Ubuntu is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Rebooting did solve the XBMC issue.

Overall I'm very pleased with the way it is performing, a complete scan
of 32000 tracks takes about 20 mins now rather than well over 90 mins on
my Goflex net.

Is it advisable to update Ubuntu? (Just updates to 13.10 not to 14)