TheLastMan wrote:
> I will try using Extras - National Radio Schedule for the time being and
> see if I get the same problem with buffering.  All other radio stations
> and Spotify (Triode's app) work fine so it has definitely been a BBC
> problem.

Extras has nothing to do with playback - it is just another way of
finding the BBC media stream.  Once found Triodes BBCiPlayer plugin
takes over and will decide format to pick and if necessary Flash
decode.

IIRC Audio quality is better with AAC streams rather than WMA.  WMA can
be played directly by the SB hardware players and so a WMA stream does
not load the server. Any buffering using WMA is usually a  home network,
a BBC server or ISP issue - not a server or player one.

If player supports AAC (Touch, radio and Squeezelite) ten server will do
Flash transport and send AAC to player - not a great load on server and
so shouldnot be the cuase of buffering.  If player does not support AAC
then server has to do Flash, and AAC decode and Flac re-encode - this
can load a small CPU server and cause buffering.