Thanks for the help. What puzzles me is why it worked so well for so
long and only recently developed problems. There was no change in the
system.  The two RPi devices post-date the problem.

Will the "no transcoding" option remove server differences and so the
player ends up playing the highest form it can cope with natively?  In
my case that would be WMA for the Receivers and AAC for Squeezelite. I
could live with that if it stopped the rebuffering.  I would still have
the delayed listing issue with WMA would I not?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Synology DS111 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.7.3 (official
Synology package)
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline