Well, since my earlier postings I have had Triode's BBC iPlayer plug-in
running almost solidly through the SqueezePlug and Duet.  I have been
picking programs from Radios 3, 4 and 6 and interspersing with a few
FLAC files from my library.
I particularly concentrated on running iPlayer in the 5-9pm slot.
Transcoding was enabled to stress the SqueezePlug as much as possible.

And you know what?  Not a single glitch, dropout or rebuffer the whole
day, as far as I could tell. Clearly, if there still is a problem, it is
very unlikely to lie with either my server(s) or my home network.

Perhaps everybody is away on holiday so not using their broadband?  I
found a web site that collected reported problems called "downdetector"
that reports when people get problems with web sites and apps.  iPlayer
Radio issues rise from about 4pm through to about midnight in a nice
bell shaped curve peaking between 7pm and 10pm.  Now there is nothing to
say this is caused by the BBC itself, these could all just be people
with poor broadband connections.  However, whatever the cause I am
clearly not alone.

Oh, and it was great to listen to Guy Garvey on Desert Island Discs.
Elbow are my favourite band at the moment, and possibly of all time, and
I do try and listen to Guy Garvey's Finest Hour on 6 music when I can.

That man is a poet. "Bones of You", "Lippy Kids", "Sad Captains" and
"New York Morning" - just some of my faves. If you are wondering why I
am posting at 3am it is because I fell asleep in an armchair listening
to some Joni Mitchell and have just woken up and thought I would post
before I turn the PC off.

Frustrating stuff this internet malarky.  Perhaps I should go with Fibre
broadband?  It is available around here but hellishly expensive.

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Synology DS111 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.7.3 (official
Synology package)
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline