Owen Smith wrote:
> Alas that streaming is the key, it requires reliable and high speed
> broadband and mine is unreliable and slow.
The point about HLS, HDS is that the stream is broken into short about
10 sec "files".  Each "file" is streamed separately and there is
feedback to server on quality of link to player. If the link is good
quality/high speed them the  "files" are sent with a high bit rate, if
the link is poor quality then low bit rate files are sent so that there
are no delays.  Furthermore the link quality is monitored throughout the
streaming so the bit rate of the "files" will vary fi the quality if the
link varies (ie.g. more users start/stop using broadband in a home
environment).  This varying quality is important for live links as
otherwise, the streamed service could get behind the actual live
broadcast if link is poor .   I think for streaming a Listen Again
program  - there will be no difference to current setup - in fact it
could be better.