Ok, so.

Due to the fact that I accidentally broke Perl trying to find ways to
fix the problem, I decided to flash my SD card again and install LMS and
squeezelite again. While installing it, I realized that 107 was the user
ID for the username "squeezeboxserver" which LMS created as a user upon
installation. So I guess LMS runs under this username/ID. I read into
problems with permissions with LMS and changed the permissions for the
WaveInput plugin (located at
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins) via the
instructions on 'this page'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Linux_Installation_Guide#Linux_Permission_Problems)
but nothing changed. I then decided to add this new user
(squeezeboxserver) to the audio group via a "sudo usermod -a -G audio
squeezeboxserver" command.

To test this next change, I played a local .flac file which played fine
on the server machine. Then, I chose the wavin:default I had put under
favorites. Then, it sounded like the playback on the server machine
became corrupted (the sound played quieter, there were pops, and overall
it sounded like the song went through a very poor recorder). Also, I
waited more than 30 seconds and got nothing out of the client unit. Once
I killed the cvlc playback and started another one, the sound returned
to normal. This happened every time I tried to use the WaveInput plugin.
I tried changing "default" to "hw:0" in the URL and also tried
installing ecasound and using the eca custom-convert.conf file, with the
same results. I can still use LMS to stream files on the server to the
client with no troubles. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael