MikeMcr wrote:
> Wouldn't you use the free API for OpenWeatherMap?
>
> http://openweathermap.org/apiYou would if you want to form the requests and
> parse the results
yourself.  I'd prefer to use the pre-existing class on CPAN that does
all that work for me.

Actually, I'm thinking about using the free Weather Channel API.  It'll
be easier to jam unto the existing infrastructure and the forecast data
is more accurate.   There's a class on CPAN for this as well.  The API
is only free for 500 requests per day (it's really developer access)...
So if I go this way others would have to get heir own API key.

This would be a significant undertaking. As I said, I don't really
program in perl.  I guess I could start...