axelwin wrote:
> Yep, better "ambiance" for me > made some test with the recording
> "Cantate Domino" from Proprius Label, switching between  real CD /
> streaming CD from Qobuz / HD 24bits on my NAS (at same level with
> "instant"switching)
> > HD one sound better with better spatialisation / more details from
> "backstage" than 16bits...
> Don't know if it is only due to 24bits or some enhancements done on this
> HD version to justify overcost to listeners...
>
> Regards,

Yes it's hard to know if it is the same master , some of the aviable HD
files from other vendors seems to be in some cases a better master than
the usual CD version or at least a different version , if you pay it got
to be different rigth ;). Archimago who frequent these forums did a
public blind test .

http://archimago.blogspot.it/2014/06/24-bit-vs-16-bit-audio-test-part-ii.html
In which many from here participated .

What you can do as a blir test ( it really has to be blind otherwise any
conclusion drowns in our usual very human biases ) .
Is to make 16/44.1 versions of some of your own 24/96 files then you
know it's the same master .
I tried that on several ocasion and can not hear a difference , you may
notice my investment in DVDA ready equipment :/

Another thing to think of if you want to test this is to use modern very
well made digital recordings not an old noisy tape from the 1970's
normal reedbook cd is more than capable of encoding that .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)