Mnyb wrote:
> Yes it's hard to know if it is the same master , some of the aviable HD
> files from other vendors seems to be in some cases a better master than
> the usual CD version or at least a different version , if you pay it got
> to be different rigth ;). Archimago who frequent these forums did a
> public blind test .
>
> http://archimago.blogspot.it/2014/06/24-bit-vs-16-bit-audio-test-part-ii.html
> In which many from here participated .
>
> What you can do as a blir test ( it really has to be blind otherwise any
> conclusion drowns in our usual very human biases ) .
> Is to make 16/44.1 versions of some of your own 24/96 files then you
> know it's the same master .
> I tried that on several ocasion and can not hear a difference , you may
> notice my investment in DVDA ready equipment :/
>
> Another thing to think of if you want to test this is to use modern very
> well made digital recordings not an old noisy tape from the 1970's
> normal reedbook cd is more than capable of encoding that .

Interesting article !
And as you say, I am pretty sure that main differences are coming from
masters, which  are different between cd and hd to justify overcost, and
make people ready to invest in new hd ready system / audio file and so
on... As if they could have provide to listeners 99% of those
improvments with current "SD system" ! But everything is good to make
business (as in Image /TV Industry ( ie. 3D or UHD "revolution" ...)