treble wrote:
> Yup, that worked indeed (I used dos2unix strings.txt on my Linux
> thingy).
>
> The only thing that doesn't work for me is the %r option (rounded).  It
> seems that $e is automatically rounded now.  There is no 'unrounded'
> option.  So when temperature is for example 68.4F, with %e it will show
> 68, while it used to show 68.4.  The %r option doesn't show anything,
> while it used to show 68. Not a biggy, glad it all does seem to work
> again now.
>
> API is the way to go, so you are not dependent on website layout
> changes.

There's still room to "improve" things.  Were the %e and %r strings from
the wunderground temperatures? I was getting temps "unrounded" in my
screensaver, which I believe were previously rounded, so I went ahead
and rounded the returned temps.  In my update, I set the same values to
both the standard and wunderground fields (since all the data is coming
from one place). I don't think the weather today data had digits past
the decimal point. This may be an easy change.

IF I get time to make another pass, I'll try to pick up the comments
made in this thread.