Your No.3 SDT works mostly for me:

choose between 12HR AM/PM vs 24HR time for certain weather strings
(sunrise/sunset) is great.
Short day is also working and the choose of an icon set from WU is
interesting, but not really working:

If I use the item "sdticon" in Custom Clock Helper the selected WU-icon
is shown and correctly scaled.
But if in CCH item  "stdweathericon" is used the icon will not be scaled
and shown as a very small icon.

That´s odd, most of the items I use are "stdwethericon" because a
interval can easely be set to show them in a sequence.

Anyway, I really appreciate your work and there were no STD without it
any more.

The WU icon sets can be looked at here:

http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=resources/icon-sets&MR=1

And attached a slightly changed strings.txt with german translations.

|Filename: strings.zip                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16869|

2x Odroid U3 + Max2play + LMS 7.9, 2x Touch, 2x Classic, 2x Boom, 2x
Radio & 3x iPeng 8