Hi,

I was trying to test squeeze2upnp on my Linux based music server (FC20),
could not get it to work with my Onkyo receiver or Foobar, so I gave up
for a day.

Some 2 hours later, I put some quiet music on another Onkyo (that I did
not test against, but I had seen that squeeze2upnp has create a player
for it on SBS/LMS server), using Internet radio station streaming
(therefore the receiver was in the NET mode)

Few minutes later, volume was changed to 100%, and by the time I jumped
to lower the volume, I lost 3 tweeters  one woffer and a subwoffer
amplifier. I had this receiver (Onkyo TX-NR5010) for 2 years, and this
had never happened before.

While testing, I placed squeeze2upnp-x86 in a Bash script loop, as it
kept crashing. From the log file it generated, it seems that it crashed
and was restarted by the Bash loop at that time. In the attached log
file, that receiver is named "oBedroom". Immediately after the exposion,
I ran to the PC and killed squeeze2upnp-x86.

Needless to say, I am afraid to do any more tesing, untill I can be sure
this will not happen again. No matter how much am I interested to get
this working. I would say, that for the sake of the other users of your
app, and there speakers, this should be absolute priority.

Could you please take a look in the log file, and see if you can figure
out how this happened, and how to prevent it from happening again?

If I am wrong, and this could not had possbly happned due to this
application, I appologize in advance. After a full day of thinking I can
not think of any alternative scenario, baring the cosmic radiation. I
thought it would be better to warn others, even if maybe falsely, then
to keep this guess to myself.

Thank you for your work and sharing.

Much appreciated,
Andrej

|Filename: sbs2dlna-boom.log                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16927|