Grodesh wrote:
> I haven't tried it yet, but there is a shairport fork called
> 'shairport-sync' (https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync) that
> allows multiroom synchronization. I don't know how hard it would be to
> update shairtunes-plugin to support it as I have no background with this
> stuff. I tried piMusicBox on my Raspberry Pi, which seems to be running
> shairport-sync, but the stream breaks down after a few seconds - or at
> most one or two minutes. And I wasn't even synchronizing streams on
> multiple devices!

The shareport-snyc fork looks interesting.

At the moment Stuart´s plugin is running very stable on my LMS. Although
I would definitely like to have the synchronization feature, I am not
sure, if its a good idea to install the shairport-sync plugin. If
streams broke down after a few seconds, it would´t certainly not be an
improvement. Otherwise it could be better, if airplay streaming to a
group of players was supported and the plugin ran stable.