Nick_G wrote:
> OK. I managed to contact a guy at the BBC (Jim Simmons) in charge of
> audio delivery asking about the problem with several AAC streams going
> quiet on Triode's BBC applet. Apparently the AAC streams were delivered
> via the same infrastructure as the WMA ones so they are going to be
> discontinued also. However, there will be streams of up to 320 kb/s
> available in the HLS and DASH formats. These are being provided by Audio
> Factory, along with the new MP3 streams.
>
> Now, after tinkering about with LMS I have installed bpa's iPlayer
> plug-in and now have the missing AAC streams back again, the slight snag
> is that the SBT can only see this plugin when connected to my LAN, so I
> need the computer on to use it. But this has got me wondering - does
> bpa's plug-in access the new Audio Factory high quality streams? If so,
> then perhaps Triode can also do some tinkering with his BBC applet as
> well so that the Squeezebox platform will be compatible with the new BBC
> system?
>
> If it's OK I will get back to Jim and point him in the direction of this
> forum as it would be good to get this more integrated into the Squeezbox
> platform.
>
> Regards,
> Nick

You're confusing the authors of the plugin and applet.

Just refer to them as

BBC Radio  (applet)

iPlayer (plugin)

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker (mothballed)
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth
speaker
Squeeze2upnp - Sonos Play1 & Vistron internet radio (Reciva)