gallafent wrote:
> So, the live stream locations that have been published here so far seem
> to work OK (in for example VLC), and provide 128kb/s AAC at 48kHz sample
> rate, and so look good for getting to a LMS / Squeezebox solution quite
> quickly, but of course I'm looking for the 320kb/s stream for Radio 3.
>
> http
> ://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hds/uk/hd/llnw/bbc_radio_three.f4m
> looks like quite a good starting point, but I'm not sure quite how to
> turn that into something that I can play anywhere (even with VLC or
> mplayer, let alone through LMS to a squeezebox!).

This seems to be an HDS stream rather than the earlier quoted HLS
streams which VLC can play. It looks like VLC cannot handle HDS
natively.

I think ffmpeg can handle both HLS and HDS (maybe with a patch), so
someone more familiar with LMS may be able to create entries in
custom-convert.conf to use ffmpeg to convert these to flac to allow them
to be played on a squeezebox.