W92Neriah wrote:
> Oh dear, Jim Simmons has replied on his blog and it is far from
> positive:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/977a1954-658f-4fb2-a23c-71680c49882f?postId=121379641&initial_page_size=20#comment_121379641
>
> Sounds to me like the 'Audio Factory' has closed the door to AAC
> SHOUTcast and bolted it :mad:  Then again, it takes more moral fibre to
> admit you are wrong and revert, than plough on with a bad decision.
>
> This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Triode. You're my only hope!

I don't think you read his comment that well..

> and we have a call booked with Logitech tomorrow morning.  which to me sounds
> like they are doing what they can to help. Remember
all we need is the urls (and we can add any sensible parameters they
insist on us sending) once we have that the very worst case would be
needing to wait for mplayer to cope with the new formats.

Actually the very worst case would be if triode doesn't have time and
someone like me who hasn't coded perl for 12+ years has to make the
changes but that won't necessary...