bpa wrote:
> Attempt at fix to kill off ffmpeg on completion.
>
> Attached is a zip file. Download and unzip into a temp directory. There
> should be two files.
>
> 1. LMS must be stopped when making these changes.
> 2. Save the Plugin PlayHLS files  Bin/playhls.sh and custom-convert.conf
> file somewhere safe so that you can revert if you want.
> 3. The downloaded ffmpeg-playhls.sh file has to be renamed to playhls.sh
> and left in the Bin directory of the plugin.  It needs to be executable
> - so if it has lost executable somewhere - turn it on.
> 4. The downloaded ffmpeg-custom-convert.conf file has to be renamed to
> custom-convert.conf and replace the custom-convert.conf in the main
> PlayHLS plugin directory.
> 5. Start LMS and check Filetype that Apple HLS file type now has
> playhls.sh instead of ffmpeg and they are not greyed out.
> 6. Test with an URL.

Many thanks for this.  I've given it to go.
I'm finding that ffmpeg won't work with the options specified  in the
custom-convert.conf :

Code:
--------------------
      [playhls.sh] -loglevel quiet -nostdin  -i $FILE$ -f wav - | [lame]
--silent -q $QUALITY$ $BITRATE$ - -
--------------------

the -nostidin option seems to be the culprit.  I removed that and it
worked.  I'm not sure if that is important or not, as I think that
prevent ffmpeg looking for user input but we may be doing that in the
playhls shell script any away.

Unfortunately ffmpeg was still refusing to end.

looking at the script it kills the processes with PID written as part of
a file to the tmp folder

Code:
--------------------
    apppid=/tmp/.playhls-app.$$.pid-
--------------------

Code:
--------------------
    kill -9 `cat $apppid` 2> /dev/null
--------------------

If I look in my tmp folder these files are there :

Code:
    root@squeezeplug:/tmp# ls -a
  .  ..  .ICE-unix  .playhls-app.2357.pid  .playhls-app.2363.pid
.playhls-app.2402.pid  .X11-unix

As you can see there are multiple files, so I don't think its getting to
the point where the ffmpeg is ending and removing the files.

If i manually kill one of the pids in one of the files, it works.  So
I'm not quite sure what's happeing there, I am guessing that the
"-nostdin" is important.