bpa wrote:
> This proves the ffmpeg is OK, can handle the BBC HLS streams and your
> NAS can also communicate with BBC.
>

> Reviewing previous posts - I think a number of failed playing of BBC URL
> seem to be because the URL was not copied properly and had the "..." .
> This is not the cause of the basic problem, it just added a bit of
> confusion.
>
> From the log LMS decides very quickly (in 3 secs) that no data is coming
> from the stream - I cannot reproduce this and cannot see this timeout in
> LMS so I think the ffmpeg has not started quick enough for LMS. To test
> this theory
>
> 1. Stop LMS.
> 2. In Plugin PlayHLS Bin directory - make sure the playhls.sh file is
> executable.
> 3. In Plugin PlayHLS directory - make a backup of the
> custom-convert.conf file and edit it changing "[ffmpeg]" to
> "[playhls.sh]"
> 4. Start LMS
> 5. Repeat test as before with logging.
>

> Just for info - Chromebook has a built in terminal Emulator with ssh -
> use CTRL+ALT+T - chromebook makes a great console for managing small
> linux boxes. Out of curiousity if there was a Squeezelite player  (only
> 44.1kHz & 48kHZ) for Chromebook would you use it ?

Hi,
I am using SSH in crosh (CTRL/ALT/T) but I am completely new to this.
Please could you give me the code I require to
1). Check that playhls.sh is an exe
2). Backup and edit the custom-convert.conf

Sorry to ask but, as I say, this is my first time using SSH

I would welcome any way to listen to the lost BBC feeds although I have
my Squeezeboxes connected to Cyrus X Systems on 2 of the 3 floors of the
house and, as such would prefer to listen in "hi-fi".

Many thanks

Paul