Well, Jim Simmons (on the BBC Internet Blog) has said:
> Well, we've set up HLS streams for on-demands so radios that are
> currently upgrading to play our HLS live streams should be able to play
> our HLS on-demands. We will offer the same for DASH as that develops in
> the next couple of months.

They haven't specifically said that the current AAC streams will be
switched off at the end of this month, but then they seemingly didn't
even tell the manufacturers that the live AAC streams would be switched
off (when they announced the introduction of the HLS/HDS live streams).

Make of it what you will but I am expecting a change from the current
AAC streams to HLS/AAC streams at the end of the month (the date they
have set for on-demand WMA streams to end).

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.