Mnyb wrote:
> Quick Q about mac adresses and mysqueezebox.com
>
> I discovered that i had two iPads registered and tried to tell them
> apart they had two diffrent mac adresses none of them the actual mac of
> my iPad I had to conect the iPeng player to my LMS server and have a
> llok at the info page there i've found a mac that corresponds to my
> current iPad .
> Does the iPeng player makes it own adress it does not seem to have
> anything in common with the actual mac of my device ?

Yes. Since iOS 7 Apple doesn't allow you to use the MAC anymore, it
returns the same MAC address on each device (02:00:00:00:00), if you
try. The also explicitly prohibit to track a device based on any other
hardware ID you might find.

Therefore, iPeng creates it's own MAC based on the vendor ID (the only
ID Apple allows you to use). This ID gets re-generated when you delete
all Apps from one vendor (here: me) from the device, that's why
uninstalling and re-installing iPeng is now such a bad idea. What it
means is you need to re-register on MySB, you will then have _another_
device on MySB and if you don't use playback you can't even remove the
old one.

> Now what I cant do is to switch the actual iPeng player to
> mysqueezebox.com ! The iPad never gets connected to mysqueezebox.com ,
> even if it is registered and can be used as a controller .

No, you can't use the player on MySB. It's mentioned in the App Store
description.
Logitech doesn't allow it, their Lawyers were pretty explicit about that
point.

> So in short iPeng works as a controller on mysqueezebox.com but not as a
> player ?

Yes.

Mnyb wrote:
> Logitechs official WIMP app does not show up under "my apps" in iPeng .
>
> It's in the web-UI and on all the players .
>
> Restarted iPeng flushed the cache and nothing ?

It's an old issue with some of the Apps (for some reason especially
WiMP) that I have had several discussions about with Michael, very
annoying.
MySB sends the menu for each of your controllers (in this case iPeng)
and sometimes it can take ages (up to hours or even days) and several
server restarts until a new service shows up.

It's a MySB oder LMS-MySB interaction bug.

Might be related to the sheer number of devices on your account. The
amount of data downloaded from MySB if you have a lot of them can be
huge and you can't remove controller-only devices from MySB.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*