richardsk wrote:

> The global trap seems like the best approach, but there is another
> location where sigpipe is trapped that I still need to look at. It's in
> Formats/RemoteStream.pm, and I'm not sure when that gets called. It's
> not involved in this BBC radio problem so may not be relevant.
I don't see any association there with running a transcoder pipeline,
which is the locus of the problem.

bpa points out that one of the Windows transcoder pipelines is run under
socketwrapper, which should make it immune. That case seems to cover all
remote streams.

Avoiding unintended consequences was my thinking behind 'localizing' the
trap setting. I don't know. It's been set to 'IGNORE' forever, as far as
I can see.