StephenC wrote:
> Here's what I've tried:
> (All from Radio 4 FM)
> all the currently available Afternoon Drama episodes
> The News Quiz - both Friday and Saturday edition
> Midnight News (any of the currently available)
> 15 Minute Drama (all available)
> Inside Science (16:30 on 5th March)
>
> Plus many other, randomly selected, programmes - nothing worked.
>
> However, as I've 'fiddled' with it, and the consensus is that a standard
> installation does work, I don't think it's fair to waste more of
> anyone's time until I've done a fresh install from the ground up. Thanks
> for all the help so far. I'll come back once I've got a vanilla setup,
> to hopefully confirm that it's ok.
>
> Thanks again.
If you haven't started rebuilding yet, take a look at Settings,
Advanced, File Types .  What do you see under AAC?  At least some of
these should be enabled, and work on your player.

One other question. When you installed the PlayHLS plugin did you modify
any of the 'custom-convert.conf' settings?  If that's all G(r)eek to you
then don't worry - it will be OK!.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay (control
point) to same renderers & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, and a spare, but don't use.