Thanks. I wasnt' aware of the limitations.

So, what remains for me is to make a request...

I know it's asking a lot, but could you create an "ultra stupid" version
of the algorithm for me? The one that just throws the "artist+track"
query at search and grab the first thing it can get? That would be
really great! I dont' care about cover versions (all classical
recordings are cover versions...) or other inaccuracies, I just want to
see if it works for me. I assume it is just the SmartMix.pm that needs
changing?

Thanks again for your patience, over and out!