Frank Duck wrote:
> Please excuse ignorance-I only dive into this stuff when need be, and
> since the Triode app has died for Play Again stuff on BBC-I'm now
> obliged to try something.  Part of bpa's fix starts with "Make sure you
> can ssh login into Radio..."  In plain English, what does that mean,
> especially ssh?
> Then, are these changes to the underlying code in the BBC applet and is
> this code accessible through a browser or do you do some thing else?
> Obviously I don't make my living in the bowels of this software!

The patch is change to the Applet code that runs inside Radio / Touch.
The BBC change their URLs and this patch allows Radio.Touch to find the
Flash URL again.  Unfortunately BBC are committed to turning off the
Flash URL at some time in the near future so this patch is buying time.

The patch was provided as quick fix and feedback was needed to see if it
works.  The hope is that a new version update to the Applet would be
made if Triode does not come back online.

"ssh" is a secure way to log into the Radio and Touch.  "scp" is a
secure way to copy files between say PC and Radio./Touch.

ssh and scp are available on Linxu systems.

If your PC is Windows you will need "pscp" part of putty package  (see
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html  and
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.64/htmldoc/Chapter5.html#pscp)

To enable ssh on Radio / Touch - on Radio / Touch go to Settings /
Advanced / Remote Login and enable the "Enable SSH"  check box.  Device
will then tell you the IP address and password which will use with the
scp/pscp command.