I'd like to reiterate that it is great to see Triode back with a working
plugin alpha implementing HLS in perl.

I'm seeing very high CPU usage on my 1.6GHz ARM NAS with this. Average
load in the LMS/perl process is around 40% - it peaks at 100% for over 2
seconds for each 6 second HLS chunk. By comparison ffmpeg or my
equivalent compiled code takes around 0.5% CPU overall, with 4% in the
LMS/perl process.  It looks from what I can see of the code in HLS.pm
that this is still very much a Work In Progress, and I guess that it
will improve before Triode does a proper release. Still, it is very good
to see!