I still have the "Playing: Nothing" syndrom when pressing Play instead
of the right key.

I think both this mis-behaviour on Play button as well as the screen going blank on some actions actually are limitations (aka. bugs) in the underlying code for the classic UI. That code has been neglected a bit since the arrival of Touch/Radio. Some of the features available for the latter never fully made it to the older players.

I have added some workarounds to the two plugins. Please let me know whether this improves the situation. There still are some oddities, but I can't fix them in the plugin. I'd have to work on the LMS code. Eg. you would get different feedback when changing a SmartMix parameter depending on whether you selected the item using play or right. The executed code remains the same, though. They should both work.

--

Michael