PasTim wrote:
> I just tried using the BBC iPlayer for World Service Listen Again in a
> browser (Chromium on Linux).  It's very slow, and only just works for
> some programs.  But even the ones that work there don't work in the
> BBCiPlayer plugin.
>
> I also found a website at
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/000000_newshour_listen_again.shtml
> for which no news services work.
>

> The BBCiPlayer Extras plugin plays all the programmes (that I've tried)
> very well :)

The Android BBC Radio iPlayer app also plays the World Service LA
streams ok still (as expected). I also note that the Pure Connect
browser client only lists podcasts for World Service - no Listen Again
content (as they use the audio-syndication mediaset). I don't understand
why they deem it ok to play these in their own apps on phones/tablets or
desktop browser, but not even their precious partner Pure can have them.