OK, thanks Joerg, I think I got it now: Logitech Web UI uses CLI
queries, but iPeng uses some other query system in order to show
duration, file type etc in the track list?

What do you call the query system that iPeng uses to get the info?

I don't remember any tested fix for this on the server-side, there was a
fix for a different but related issue but not this specific one which
results in iPeng showing the album artist instead of track artist.

I have just now tested LMS 7.7.2 I had left on my PC, and the iPeng
result is the same as back in 2013.  LMS 7.9 on OSX adds those
additional problems (b) and (c), so these may well be a regression.

I guess I should ask Michael about this? as you can tell I can offer no
technical assistance other than user testing I'm afraid.